My photo
-Bearded Creative Pioneer of the World of Tomorrow-

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Going for it/Lost in Translation=Awesome

Quick update: Barnes and Noble still sucks and I believe my boss hates me. I've never had this difficulty getting along with so many people before.

In other news, I have decided to go for the Onion editorial internship. We'll see if they want me, but at least I tried. If there's one thing I believe, it's that anyone can improve their situation in life, and that is what I am attempting to do.

Had my first promotional event last night at the High Noon Saloon in Madtown. After getting lost on one street, I finally found the place, with some much needed phone guidance. But it was as easy as pumpkin pie. Had two free blue moon's, watched an amazing opening band, and an absolutely terrible headliner. Funny how that stuff works out. Still, really great resume addition with minimum work. Can't complain about that.

Almost made a new song today, but it just didn't jive well. So, I made a mini recording of the idea and will sit on it for a while. That works some times.

After buying the movie "Lost in Translation" a few months ago and watching it once in two sittings, I decided to watch it again. Amazing. I love that type of movie that capture real life situations and raw emotion. Rather than whimsical places and over the top theatrics, it is simple and pure. The characters don't need to say how they feel, but you know. The music is chosen and written in a way that emphasizes the scene. I believe that is what I love about Wes Anderson movies too. The stories may not always been realistic, but the emotions are. Oh yes, and Bill Murray is the man, and he grows a mean beard.

That reminds me, Wes Anderson's new movie comes out soon, the "Fantastic Mr. Fox" I believe. I saw a trailer online and it looks awesome. I am excited. I am very excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment