My photo
-Bearded Creative Pioneer of the World of Tomorrow-

Friday, October 2, 2009

I didn't even wear a tie...

Alright. I don't get it. Why do people refuse to give me a job that involves physical labor, then offer me a job that I didn't actually apply for?!?!?!? I went in for an interview with Land's End today for a warehouse job, and bam, they put me through the ropes for a phone sales job. Fortunately it isn't a "I call you and try and get you to buy something" sort of deal, and I would sit on my ass all day. The pros of this potential job are that it pays over 3 dollars more than what I make already for a job that is more than twice as far away. It also could get the full 40 hours and a consistent schedule. BUT it also is only through December with no guarantee of continuation, although I think I could make it happen. I just don't get it though. Last time I applied for a warehouse job, they immediately did the same thing, except it was a commission thing that sucked balls. I thought it was because I was overdressed, so this time, I was more casual, and didn't even wear a tie damnit. No tie. I have till Wednesday to think about it...we'll see.

Also called the Mauston radio station today and apparently they're still interviewing and will know by....WEDNESDAY!!! Fucking A.

I'm also having some success finding some collaborators for projects. Unfortunately, they both would be distance, but still. All in all, I'm very satisfied with my creative output. It's taken some new directions and has been pseudo-prolific. I may try exploring some new ground this coming week with some of the acoustic instruments I have access to, but I'm not sure that I want to stop the streak that I'm on. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment