My photo
-Bearded Creative Pioneer of the World of Tomorrow-

Saturday, December 5, 2009

as promised....GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL

That's right everyone, I did it. All of the goals I set, in their original form, are completed. Today I finished Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and am currently writing. BOOM. I realize that because of the added song Kristen asked me to do that extra song that I am not TECHNICALLY done, but that wasn't a part of the deal. IT WASN'T PART!!! And the reason those had to be done was so that a CD could go out to the teachers by Friday, which it did.

The big one that I finished yesterday, with an added bonus, is the registration with the sauk county job center. It didn't take long and it inspired a piece of writing that was kind of hard to write. When I got home, I also applied for the additional deferment on my student loans. I should find out in a few days whether or not they will accept, which they damn well better.

Out of all my writing this week, two good pieces came out of it. This would not have happened if I hadn't kept the craft up and gotten the crappy writing out. In addition, finishing that book made me feel quite productive. Under normal circumstances, I would have dragged those last 70 pages out for a good month. But no, not with my goals. Now I get to move on to a new book with a clean slate, no leftovers. This is something that I haven't gotten to do in a while.

Oh, and I didn't quit UPS, boo-yah.

I'll have to reflect on everything today in order to decide what next week's goals should be. Obviously, not quitting UPS and reading and writing everyday will be constants, but I'm not sure on the other variables right now. It's hard to gauge how reading a book will go sometimes, time-wise. And I need to pick one out... Anyways, I'm very happy with how this week turned out and am excited to keep this purpose filled drive going. Do or do not. There is no try.

No comments:

Post a Comment