My photo
-Bearded Creative Pioneer of the World of Tomorrow-

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

So far so good

So, we're at mid-week, and my goals have gone swimmingly. Just a few seconds ago, I finished putting together/exporting/burning all the tunes Kristen asked me to do....only to give me one more, but I still consider it a success, as I don't have to have it done this week. SO, badaboom. I have to say, they sound pretty good, even out of computer speakers, and that usually reveals alot for me. I suppose they could have been a bit more polished, but A) time was a huge factor and B) these kids have never had a decent program before and I'm sure the families will be blown away by anything. Plus, I'm sure I hear the little things more than everyone else. All in all, I am very satisfied with the end product. Cross that off the list.

Despite UPS's best efforts, I have not quit yet this week either. They took away one of my 4 trucks to make things easier and it really did help, but as of today, the busiest day so far, they added one back in the line-up, completely running me down. I worked through break to catch up, but it didn't matter at the end of the day. I also stopped sweating after about 3 hours because I ran out of fluids to sweat out. Ugh. It was pretty terrible, but it's their own damn fault. They know I can't handle 4, I've talked to them about it, and they still ignore, which pisses me off, royally. But I'm sticking it out for now. We'll see for how long. A half check on that one, as the week is not over, but I don't foresee leaving this week.

Went to the pseudo-interview on Monday and was asked to shadow for a day to see if it'd be something that I'd have a passion for. I am very open to it and look forward to my shot at a real job that won't destroy my life. Check that shit off.

I have been writing every day (and I have decided that a blog does count...this time) and reading every day. Yesterday was mostly Writer's Digest blogs and stories, and today was a thorough reading of the Baraboo News Republic. Monday was the apex though, finished half of Fear and Loathing. A lot better than I thought it would be actually. Hunter S. Thompson's writing style is very unique, but I don't see many similarities between us, which is fine. It's good to see other things and experience different styles. I do feel that this is helping me learn. If only I wasn't a prick in high school in regards to English. After freshman year I didn't do any required reading, all spark notes. What a douche. I plan to read most of those books in the coming months, especially the classics. These are things that need/will happen. Another half check for this goal, as the week is far from over and I haven't finished the book yet. It will happen, and I will keep writing. I really feel a sense of accomplishment and pride from this particular goal.

I have not registered at the Sauk County job center yet this week, but I still have two days, and I don't think it will take too long. A necessary inconvenience I guess. Still, bullocks to it.

That's all for now, an update on the goal-age will come on Sunday at the latest, methinks. It will probably be entitled, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLL, as exclaimed by a Hispanic Futbol announcer.

No comments:

Post a Comment